I heard an interview of a well known comedian who was asked … What would you tell your 25 year old self? and I wondered what if I could turn back the clock and sit down with the younger Eleana and share with her what I know now.
We all know hindsight is 20/20. We are often haunted by the mistakes we made and the blunders that lead us to paths we weren’t quite ready for. In most cases though whatever life has thrown at us, we dealt with, we came through, we learned something valuable (in most cases), and we became better versions of our selves through the difficulties we faced.
At 39 I find I have become far more confident and self assured. I don’t envy or long for the past, the only thing I regret is carrying other people’s burdens as my own. That I’m still learning to let go of.
So here it goes… 25 year old Eleana.
- Believe in your skills and your talents, stop second guessing yourself
- Just because you are alone doesn’t mean you should sleep with that dude or any dude that doesn’t actually enjoy being with you.
- Stop all connection with your family- They are fucking evil.
- Your friends are there for you because they love you, listen to them when they give you advice.
- You don’t have to please everybody, some people just won’t like you, and that’s ok.
- Go for your dreams, run that marathon! It will be the most amazing time of your life.
- Run, away from that guy, he’s toxic, he will hurt you and he will try to break your spirit.
- Take charge, don’t let anyone decide your life for you.
- Go to India, learn yoga from the source, and travel more to places that excite your senses.
- You are enough, just the way you are.
For all the mistakes, missteps and misuse of energy, 25 was fun, carefree and I’m glad its over. On to the next 25.
Happy Fall !